The following day was warm and calm, with a gentle breeze that danced the leaves into a brushing song. Sal and Pepper were walking towards the ice-cream truck stopped a few meters away from their houses.
- Mine is shorter, said Pepper, skipping with her small feet.
- Not true, mine is shorter, replied Sal, holding her hand while crossing the narrow street.
Pepper laughed and asked:
- What ice-cream will you take today, Sal?
- I'm thinking the black one, it looks so cool, he answered. And I heard it's salty, that must taste terribly weird. Wanna try it together?
- OK! replied Pepper. Oh, I got a better idea! I can also take something weird and we can share... I'm thinking the blue one, it makes the tongue and teeth indigo, so after that we can pretend to be zombies.
- Cool. Zombies with salt on their ice cream for dinner! exclaimed Sal excited.
Pepper was already in character when she said:
- Look out you living kids, we're coming! Boo... boo... boo...
And so they went on to have a new adventure together. The happy-go-lucky harmonic of the ice-truck was playing its childish tune, letting everyone know the good things were here.