- Mine is longer, said Pepper pulling forward a strand of hair.
- Not true, mine it is, replied Sal showing the ends of his reddish hair peeking from between the fingers.
- Yours only looks longer, but it's not, insisted Pepper.
- If it looks longer, then it is, said Sal stretching his hand even further.
Once again Sal and Pepper were arguing about the length of their hair, while having their favorite ice-cream on the bush-bench (as they called it) between their houses.
The heat of the day was slowly subsiding, giving way to the chilly evening breeze. Or was it the ice-cream?... As the coolness spread through their bodies, they decided to postpone the decision of the hair measurements for the following day.
- You'll come tomorrow to see the blue birds' nest? asked Sal finishing the ice-cream.
- Sure. After breakfast I'll be there, answered Pepper.
- OK then, I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night, Pepper.
- You too Sal, smiled Pepper and waved him a big good bye, while heading towards the neighboring house.
The evening star was faintly twinkling in the sunset, announcing a clear, starry night ahead.